[Xen-users] Newbe wants to move block device virtual machine

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Newbe wants to move block device virtual machine
From: Dick Kniep <dick.kniep@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:15:30 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:15:43 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi list,

We are going to use Xen for our virtualization effort. Now I heard from some
friends who are experienced Xen users that performance of the block device
Xen machines is MUCH better than the performance of "file based" virtual
machines. (is that true?)

Now if I use a block device as a basis for a virtual machine (on LVM), than it
is not easy to move such a vm to another machine and make it accessible by
iScsi. (is that true?)

At least I haven got the foggiest idea how to do that.

Anyone any ideas???

Cheers,
Dick Kniep