Re: [Xen-users] multi head VT - is this just silly?

To: Andreas Fromm <afromm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] multi head VT - is this just silly?
From: Glenn Davy <glenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 10:36:16 +1100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:36:38 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 16:48 +0100, Andreas Fromm wrote:
> Glenn Davy wrote:
> > wohoo - running windows server as hvm - v cool. ive got 2 radeon cards
> > in this machine = 4 monitors - can I run it (as sdl i presume) so that
> > its completely independent of X, and using all monitors?
> >
> > im sure im pushin my luck a bit - just wondering if im pushing in too
> > far?
> >
> > thanks - and thanks to the whole xen community who directly and
> > indirectly helped me get this far
> > GLenn

> Hi,

hi andreas
> I can't tell you anything about your question, but I would like to know
> what hardware do you run. I bought myself a new computer to build up a
> multiseat system for my family. The problem I have with the Asus
> M2NPV-MX / Athlon64 (am2) is that hvm doesn't work, and I can't get the
> ATI-PCIe graphic card to work concurrently with the onboard nVidia-VGA
> controller. It could be that the different chips won't work together,
> but I presume its a Bios problem which doesn't set up both cards correctly.

i have the asus pb5-deluxe, core2 duo and 2 radeon x1650

ive had no problem in past in general having ati and nvidia on same
machine - it is simply a case that your mb is one that doesnt use the
onboard card when theres another installed? when ou sa wyou cant get
them working together, you dont mean in the XEN, sense, you mean at all
correct?