[Xen-users] Crash when buildin' up dual-bridged environment

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Crash when buildin' up dual-bridged environment
From: Skull <skull@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:09:11 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 03:09:42 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I've a debian etch running Xen with everything upgraded to the latest
packages.

It's running on 2.6.17-2-xen-686 kernel (from package
linux-image-2.6.17-2-xen-686).

I need to build up a dual-bridge, since all domUs need to be dual-homed.

I've configured xend following
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking:

[...]
#!/bin/sh
dir=$(dirname "$0")
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=1
[...]

When dom0 comes up, everything seems to work as expected, i think: the
machine is correctly reachable on its "eth0" interface, and I see the
two bridges up:

xenbr0          8000.feffffffffff       no              vif0.0
                                                        peth0
xenbr1          8000.feffffffffff       no              vif0.1
                                                        peth1

The test-domU has been configured as follows:

kernel  = '/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.17-2-xen-686'
ramdisk = '/boot/initrd.img-2.6.17-2-xen-686'
memory  = '256'
root    = '/dev/sda1 ro'
disk    = [ 'phy:VG00/....' ]
vif=[ 'ip=147.123.X.Y,bridge=xenbr0', 'ip=192.168.X.Y,bridge=xenbr1' ]
on_poweroff = 'destroy'
on_reboot   = 'restart'
on_crash    = 'restart'

This domU works correctly in a single-bridge environment.

The problem is when i create the domU dual-bridged: after joining the
VIFs to the bridges, dom0 crashes...

Is this a known issue? Did I made something wrong?
Is there anybody with a similar setup on the same software? Does it work
for you?

If somebody guides me on how to have the kernel Ooops printed some way
(without using a photocamera, I mean :-D ), i'll provide it...

Thank you.