Re: [Xen-users] Xen and 2.6.19

Selon Nick Craig-Wood <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> shal@xxxxxxx <shal@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >  My question: How built a recent kernel with a recent xen ?
> >  I didn't found howto about this customisation.
>
> What I do is
>
>   make mkpatches

When I do a mkpatches in a recent xen-3.0.3-testing I have this:

for i in linux-2.6 ; do make $i-xen.patch; done
make[1]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/oco/xen/xen-3.0.3-testing »
Cannot find linux-2.6.16.29.tar.bz2 in path .:..
wget http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.16.29.tar.bz2
-O./linux-2.6.16.29.tar.bz2.....

Can I assume that the linux-2.6-xen-sparse/ directory containes a valid candidat
for patching my 2.6.19-rc5 ?

> Then use the resulting linux-2.6-xen.patch file to patch the kernel
> source of your choice.
>
>   patch -p1 <linux-2.6-xen.patch
>
> The further you stray from the current Xen kernel the more likely you
> are to have to fix up rejects by hand.  I haven't tried patching
> 2.6.19.

Ok, thank you.
I will try to do that.
I have seen that a lot of xen patch are already included in the 2.6.19 tree (xen
patch are backported patch ?).
I will report success and failed.

Olivier