[Xen-users] IP and hostname for domainU

To: XenUsers <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] IP and hostname for domainU
From: jdsw <jdsw2002@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 18:45:21 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 18:45:45 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The xmexample1 seems to contain

hostname= "vm%d" % vmid

Does this work with HVM ? I tried setting hostname=foo for my HVM based FC5 Linux domU. It does not seem to work.

Also, is there a way to set IP address for a Linux HVM DomU ?

Do these  get translated as kernel command line paramerters (  ip=<clientip>:serverip:gw:mask:hostname:device:autoconf ) ? or there is some other xen specific magic to it ?

Thanks
/Jd
ps. anyone using these params, can u please send me output of
   cat /proc/cmdline
from DomU