Re: [Xen-users] A problem with Intel VT / XEN3

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] A problem with Intel VT / XEN3
From: Thorolf Godawa <nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 18:26:00 +0100 (MET)
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 09:26:30 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

We have an issue about xen. We test XEN 3 on an Intel VT machine
(Dual-Core Intel® Xeon® Processor 5100 Series), on SUSE Linux
Enterprise Server 10.
"Not an HVM capable platform, we stop creating!"
knowing that VT is enabled in BIOS.

What says 'cat /proc/cpuinfo'?

Did you also tried it with the i386-version of SLES 10? At least at
beta-stage of SLES 10 I had much better experience with the 32 bit version!

Is the VT enabled by default in XEN kernel?
In the versions of SLES 10 I used it was enabled by default and it was
working on Intel S3E2244, Platform Bensley S3E2200 with dualcore/dualcpu
Xeon 3,2GHz (P4/netburst).

Normaly if there is a BIOS entry for VT it should work, because
important is the CPU, the chipset and the BIOS to get HVM working!
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf