Re: [Xen-users] crashing system with second guest

To: Henning Sprang <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] crashing system with second guest
From: "G.Wendebourg" <gw-hh@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 17:27:36 +0100
Cc: Gerhard Wendebourg <gw@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 05:34:44 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Henning Sprang schrieb:
> On 10/31/06, Gerhard Wendebourg <gw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> when I'm starting a second guest-system Xen is crashing
> What doies that mean? xend isn't running anymore then?
The whole system is crashing with the kernel-panic of the guest.

> while the guest
>> is reporting kernel panic.
It seemed, I fixed it by installing the new 2.6.18-k7-kernel.
Now I started 3 guests without trouble.

Before I tried installing the Xen-binaries (after removing the
debian-xen-installation), but it refused to boot fully ("..not syncing").
Then installed the new debian-2.6.18, and its running.

CPUs we're trying at our test-machines are Duron and AMD Geode 1750.
> Can you send us your logs, please?
I'm sorry, but can't find any related log-entry:
xend.log only notes <domU> unpaused just before the crashing. The same
with the kernel-log.