[Xen-users] Blank Screen after GRUB with new GFX Card

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Blank Screen after GRUB with new GFX Card
From: Andrew McGregor <a.mcgregor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 09:19:43 +0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 01:20:21 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there,

I'm not sure if I should be asking this to Xen users or Matrox users...

I could get Debian/Etch to boot a Xen kernel and none-xen kernel with on board gfx.

I put in a Matrox G550 PCIe gfx card.  The none-xen kernel boots ok.

The xen kernel does boot, but I get a blank screen. Immediately after selecting xen from GRUB about 5 lines are displayed, I guess as it grabs the kernel, then the monitor cannot display the mode. I can still ssh in to the box, and still boot normally under the regular kernel.

Is this a xen/modules thing? Or should I be looking into my GRUB config/vga modes? I've tried vga=normal and vga=791.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew