[Xen-users] duplicate multicast mac address and multiple bridge ...

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] duplicate multicast mac address and multiple bridge ...
From: Sébastien CRAMATTE <s.cramatte@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 18:32:42 +0100 (CET)
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:59:04 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

I've got a configuration that use one vlans per bridge
I've create the /etc/xen/scripts/my-network-bridge that exactly the same thing
as the standard /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge except that is for vlans ...

I mean that create vlan interface rename it to pvlanXXXX attribute a multicast
mac address
to pvlanXXXX ... etc ...

On startup I've got a warning message on bridge setup that tell me that I've
got a
duplicate address ...  I supose that talk about the macaddress because on this
stage  IP are not setuped
yet and alls DomU are stopped

Sop my question is ... Do I should affect a different multicast mac address to
each pvlanXXX or bridge  ?

Regards