[Xen-users] Block-configure changes configuration dynamically ?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Block-configure changes configuration dynamically ?
From: Hidetoshi Nishi <nishi.hidetoshi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 11:38:32 +0900
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:44:22 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all.

My name is Hidetoshi Nishi, work for Fujitsu.

I tested the block-configure command.

And I have one question.

Block-configure command changes the configuration dynamically ?

The following is my test sequence. (ChangeSet : 11884)

The tmp1.img includes hello file.
The tmp2.img includes good file.

1. # xm block-attach vm1 file:/xen/xen-test/image/tmp1.img sdb:cdrom r

2. # mount /dev/sdb /mnt
     mount: block device /dev/sdb is write-protected, mounting read-only

3. # ls /mnt
     hello lost+found    <-- I can access tmp1.img

4. # xm block-configure vm1 file:/xen/xen-test/image/tmp2.img sdb:cdrom

5. # xm list -l vm1 | grep -A 7 "device"
     (device
        (vbd
            (backend 0)
            (dev sdb:cdrom)
            (uname file:/xen-test/image/tmp2.img)  <-- xm list display
tmp2.img
            (mode r)
        )
     )

6. # xm console vm1
   # mount /dev/sdb /mnt
     mount: block device /dev/sdb is write-protected, mounting read-only

7. # ls /mnt
     hello lost+found      <-- Still I can access tmp1.img

8. I reboot the guest.

9. # xm console vm1
   # mount /dev/sdb /mnt
     mount: block device /dev/sdb is write-protected, mounting read-only

10.# ls /mnt
     good lost+found        <-- After reboot, I can access tmp2.img

My test sequence is wrong ?

Thank you                                               Nishi