[Xen-users] Xen and Linux-RDAC driver for Engenio storage controller

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen and Linux-RDAC driver for Engenio storage controller
From: Matt Soccio <soccio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:29:44 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:30:11 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to use Xen with a Sun StorEdge 6130 disk array, but there
are some IBM TotalStorage arrays that use the same RDAC driver, so
hopefully someone has run across this.

The driver will not compile with Xen and newer 2.6 sources/gcc4.  At
first there are some invalid lvalue assignments to clean up, and a few
places where static declarations need to be removed, but I finally get
to a point where the code just doesn't work with the installed kernel
headers.  At this point I am over my head.

I have tried this with Xen 3.0 stable and testing on Debian, and with a
Suse 10/Xen setup and have the same issues across the board.  Has anyone
found a way to compile this driver, or have a workaround for accessing
these Engenio storage controllers?

Thanks

Matt