[Xen-users] how to modify .config when compiling Xen 3.0.3

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] how to modify .config when compiling Xen 3.0.3
From: Lutrin Jean <jeanlutrin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:45:30 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 04:46:10 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everybody,

I successfully compiled Xen 3.0.3 using
"make world".

Before doing that, I had the source of
the Linux kernel 2.6.16.29 untarred in
/usr/src/ and I *also* had the original
.tar.bz2 kernel file (from kernel.org)
in that same /usr/src/ dir.

I ve noticed that during Xen's "make world"
it decompiled the .tar.bz2 in a tmp directory
called "pristine" something.

My question is simple:  not that I ve succesfully
compiled and installed and ran Xen 3.0.3 / Linux
2.6.16.29, how do I modify the kernel compile
options and have Xen's "make world" take my
changes into account?

For example I m using an Intel Core 2 Duo and
I d like to enable SMP.   I also like to have
some drivers set to 'Y' instead of 'M'.

Can I use "make menuconfig" for configuring
the Linux kernel then have Xen's "make world"
take these changes into account ?

If so how?

Thanks for any help on this,

  Jean