Re: [Xen-users] allocating memory to dom0

I'm currently living abroad in Manila (Philippines) and Xen is beginning
to make its impact in net cafe's. The advantages are obvious because
customers can come back to their 'own' computer another day. HVM support
has also really skyrocketed interest in Xen for that purpose, I get a
few calls a week from friends who need help setting it up.

Electricity here is rather expensive, but hardware is cheap. One good
newer dual core Athalon, a few cheap video cards, a few cheap audio
cards and a few cheap usb cards can give you a 'pod' of 5 or so
workstations from a single server. Xen + VLC is also being used quite a
bit here in vide-oke joints that offer "private" booths where you can
more comfortably make a fool of yourself.

Anyway, the alternate dimension is Asia. There's a "root" cafe where the
virtualization geeks hang out complaining about the bastardization of
open source and get drunk while the rest watch their dom-u's boot up
(and get drunk) ..

Best,
-Tim