Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.0.3

what do you use vtpm for?  does it work if you comment out the vtpm stuff?

3.0.3 works for me with rhel 3 and 4 domUs

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Fong Vang wrote:

Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:24:26 -0700
From: Fong Vang <sudoyang@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Jaume Sabater <jsabater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.0.3

On 10/18/06, Jaume Sabater <jsabater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Fong Vang wrote:

> I have several systems running Xen 3.0.2 on Fedora Core 5.
>
> Today, I started playing with Xen 3.0.3 also on FC5.  dom0 starts up
> fine without any problem.  However, I cannot create any domU's (domU =
> CentOS 4.4).  This is the error being reported:
>

> [root@xenmgt ~]# xm create -c meta
> Using config file "/etc/xen/meta".
> Error: Device 0 (vtpm) could not be connected. Backend device not found.

Same happened to me on Debian with 3.0.3 RCs. Didn't manage to fix it,
so I am still using version 3.0.2.

Thanks for the input.  The list is kinda quiet.  Unfortunately, with
the newer hardware I've been getting, dom0 running 3.0.2 kernel panics
all the time (consistently across multiple hardware so memory or other
hardware problem is unlikely).  The good news is that 3.0.3 appears to
be running very stable on the new hardware, except that I cannot
create any domU's.