RE: [Xen-users] time synchronization problem (using NTP)

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] time synchronization problem (using NTP)
From: "Roger Lucas" <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:09:39 +0100
Cc: 'Thomas Schneider' <listen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 06:08:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Have you tried chrony ?

We use chrony on our Xen-3.0.2-2 servers and it is happily running on both
Dom-0 and the Dom-Us.

If you are running (K)Ubuntu and have "universe" repositories enabled,
installation is as simple as "apt-get install chrony".  A
quick change to "/etc/chrony/chrony.conf" to set the NTP servers you want to
use and (if you are reliably connected to the Internet)
removing the "offline" parameter for them will have you ready to (re-)start the
chrony daemon and sync the clocks.

FWIW, we have "/proc/sys/xen/independent_wallclock" set to 0 on the Dom0 and
the DomU's.

Regards,

Roger