RE: [Xen-users] Sluggish user interface using Windows XP in a virtual do

To: "Peter Smith" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Sluggish user interface using Windows XP in a virtual domain
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:58:42 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 06:33:43 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I guess that depends on "How sluggish" - also, which version of Xen are
you using? [Sorry, it's hard to keep track of exactly which variant is
used for which distro]. There's been a few improvements in the latest
version, so you may want to give the RC2 of 3.0.3 a try.

But the virtual user interface has a rather severe performance loss
simply because of the rather complicated chain of processing needed to
achieve a screen draw or mouse-move.

--
Mats