Re: [Xen-users] Providing dhcp for a "private" bridge?

To: "larsks.21230602@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <larsks.21230602@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Providing dhcp for a "private" bridge?
From: "Henning Sprang" <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 20:00:51 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:01:34 -0700
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=Fk/Wu2MkID15N2Mo5Vkrx3LNwrt38DaYzqKNKBZDfPB1e3N+h1nvVWw57KKAyIOdATAf+dVnj5AdaZNF0A6ojy9dWp5G4c/3JaCTZgyKfTNDb6DV+naeIXvtkQCpweNIdvbYyCShSST63MTWVy09ZKI8kMlM0yV600Hr9Feerlg=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 19 Sep 2006 13:06:24 -0000, larsks.21230602@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[...]
What are other folks doing in this situation?  I could try assigning an
IP directly to the bridge device, rather than using the dummy interface, but
that strikes me as less than optimal (because it makes the bridge configuration
unique).

Yeah, I am doing exactly this and it works quite nice (I don't
understand your "unique remark" right now).
I only do this on my mobile development system, so if I had enough RAM
and disk space, I'd just run an extra dhcp vm on the bridge.

Henning