Re: [Xen-users] AM2 motherboard drivers?? (asus m2n-e)

To: Gregory Gee <gregory.gee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] AM2 motherboard drivers?? (asus m2n-e)
From: Thomas Harold <tgh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 12:32:01 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 09:33:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gregory Gee wrote:
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006, Gregory Gee wrote:

  I am scoping out AM2 based motherboards to test SVM at home.  I see
the
ASUS M2NPV-VM mentioned a few times with good feeling, but I want to
know if there are others as well, AND is there any driver problems.  As
usual, AM2 is new and the motherboards are sometimes lacking drivers for
LAN, audio, etc.  I was looking at the ASUS M2V and M2N-E, and either
here problems about lack of drivers for LAN and SATA controllers and no
news at all.  For the people that have the ASUS M2NPV-VM, does the
onboard SATA, LAN, audio, video all work with the xen 3.0.2 tarball??
I'd rather not have to compile patched kernels, yet.
no idea whether they are in the default xen builds, but at least for the
m2n-e in front of me...

The SATA control wants CONFIG_SCSI_SATA_NV
and the LAN wants CONFIG_FORCEDETH

Wish I had known it was that simple, would have made my install go a _lot_
faster.

-Tom

  Thanks for the info.  Are these kernel build parameters or xen?  If not
default xen builds, what version of the kernel are you running?

Which motherboard did you end using? I'm in the middle of building a M2N-E system and I'm curious whether there are specific BIOS versions that need to be used.

OTOH, the Xen test CD from Aug 2006 seems to be working, but I'm not done running the tests.