RE: [Xen-users] Compiling Kernel with raid driver for my Dellpoweredge 2

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Compiling Kernel with raid driver for my Dellpoweredge 2850 RAID Controler
From: "Nicolo" <nicolo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:46:51 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 02:47:49 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In fact, my original kernel is 2.4.27-2-386 version using megaraid2 mod in
my debian sarge.
It will be installed with cdrom so I don't know if it's run in mod or inside
the kernel ... how can I see it ?

My xen kernel is a 2.6.16 version ... and doesn't have megaraid2 in .config
file
I can't make init fileinitrd.img , because megaraid2 is a 2.4.27 mod and not
a 2.6.16 ...
Error : FATAL: Module megaraid2 not found.

I have the megaraid2 module here :
/lib/modules/2.4.27-2-386/kernel/drivers/scsi/megaraid2.o

I don't know if I have to do :
depmod 2.4.27-2-386
mkinitrd -k -o /boot/initxen.img 2.4.27-2-386

or
depmod 2.4.27-2-386
mkinitrd -k -o /boot/initxen.img 2.6.16-xen

or
depmod 2.6.16-xen
mkinitrd -k -o /boot/initxen.img 2.4.27-2-386

or
depmod 2.6.16-xen
mkinitrd -k -o /boot/initxen.img 2.6.16-xen

--builtin=xxx ??? what would you like to do ?

Sorry I'm newbi in kernel building ;-)

Thanks
Nicolo