[Xen-users] When will xen-compatibilty be standard in Linux kernels?

To: "xen ml" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] When will xen-compatibilty be standard in Linux kernels?
From: Derek <xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:21:46 -0600
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:22:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Folks,

I thought I'd heard several months back that Xen compatibility patches were going to be rolled into the mainstream linux kernel source trees, so that in future Xen would be just another architecture one could select under make config -- not requiring a special, patched kernel.

But this doesn't seem to be the case yet.  Did I misunderstand what the plans were, or is it just taking longer that I expected?  Does anybody know the expected timeline for this?  In which kernel release can we expect this?

Thanks,
Derek.