[Xen-users] How do I make multiple console connections to one virtual ma

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] How do I make multiple console connections to one virtual machine?
From: "clint sanders" <clint_michael_sanders@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:11:35 -0500
Bcc:
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:12:29 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
How do I make multiple console connections to one virtual machine? If I try to connect two different terminal windows to one virtual machine, they both connect to the same console. Is there a way to get more than one consoles to a single virtual machine?

I cannot use a network interface to accomplish this either, so 'telnet in' type solutions won't do me any good.

While searching for an answer to this, I found this response from a year ago:

Is there a way to get a Xen guest to handle multiple virtual consoles? I'm
not particularly fazed about the method of access (telnet, dom0 pts, etc
etc), I just have a need of multiple VCs.

Today, your only options for this are a remote shell (ssh, telnet, etc.) over a virtual network
interface.

A new virtual console driver is in the works for 3.0. A goal is to support multiple consoles per domU
in this driver.

Any word about this new driver?