To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2006 8:34 AM
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] How to create a domU on RedHat Enterprise AS 4.4?

Dnia Saturday 09 September 2006 04:14, Liang Yang napisał:
Hi,

I installed Xen 3.0.2 on RedHat Enterprise AS 4.4. Now I try to create domU
from dom0. I copied the whole filesystem of a RedHat to the logic volume
group (/dev/VG_Dom6_Linux/LogVol00) I created for domU.  I then start the
domU kernel, however I got the following errors:

[...]

Checking root filesystem
[/sbin/fsck.ext3 (1) -- /] fsck.ext3 -a /dev/VG_Dom6_Linux/LogVol00
fsck.ext3: /dev/VG_Dom6_Linux/LogVol00:
filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
    e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/VG_Dom6_Linux/LogVol00
[FAILED]

[...]

Your DomU is trying to access logocal volume as root instrad of sda1.

Here is the content of my domU config file:
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xenU"
ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-2.6-xen.img"
memory = 512
name = "domain1"
extra = "3"
vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr0' ]
dhcp = "dhcp"
disk = ['phy:/dev/VG_Dom6_Linux/LogVol00,sda1,w' ]
root = "/dev/sda1 ro"

Check your DomU fstab.

Regards,
--