RE: [Xen-users] Xen domU in a compile farm

To: "François Visconte" <Francois.Visconte@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen domU in a compile farm
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 15:30:55 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 06:32:02 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As long as the hardware supports the instructions, it should work just fine,
yes. Xen has sufficient support to work fine with SSE/MMX/3DNow! instructions
just like it would on normal systems. If you're doing performance testing, you
may need to make sure that you're not mixing Xen with non-Xen measurements, as
the handling may take a different route. But I expect that you'd run bare-metal
to get performance measurments anyways...

[Exception: If you're accessing either virtualized hardware (in HVM) or
page-tables (either HVM or PV) using SSE/MMX/3Dnow! type instructions, it won't
work!]

--
Mats