[Xen-users] Xeon 5160 vs 5080

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xeon 5160 vs 5080
From: Nathan Allen Stratton <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 21:55:34 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 18:56:28 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chip            Clock           HT      Cache   Bus Speed
5080            3.7 GHz         YES     2MB     1066 MHz
5160            3.0 GHz         NO      4MB     1333 MHz

Does the .7 GHz and HT worth more then 4MB cache and higher bus speed? The
application is VoIP so there is not a lot of IO so I would not think Bus
Speed would matter. I am finding mixed information on HT, some say it is
great, others say it actually slows things down, could this be why the new
chips done have HT?

><>
Nathan Stratton                         CTO, VoilaIP Communications
nathan at robotics.net                  nathan at voilaip.com
http://www.robotics.net                 http://www.voilaip.com