[Xen-users] Strange DSL-Interruptions

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Strange DSL-Interruptions
From: fbo2@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 10:20:00 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 01:20:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

at home, I've got a little network which is connected to the internet via a
DSL line. The router is a linux domu on a xen server. Sometimes (0.5 per
hour .. 8 per hour) no packets are either received or sent via dsl for some
(4 .. 30) seconds. It's not a disconnection by my provider because the IP
address would have changed after the event in that case.

The LAN interfaces of the routing domu are not affected. Even the NIC
connected to the DSL-modem continues to be working which I tested by
assigning an additional IP the the interface and pinging a computer I
attached on the switch between router and modem.

There is never any packet loss - when I try to ping some internet host and
an interruption occurs, the sequence numbers are continous. This problem
started when I migrated from Xen 2.0.6 (kernel 2.6.12) to 3.0.2 (kernel
2.6.16.13).

There is no difference between using a virtual (dom0-bridge-connected) NIC
and using the DSL-NIC directly via PCI frontend.

Does anybody have a similiar problem? Please let me know - especially if
you've got a solution.

Regards,

Frank