Re: [Xen-users] can't get multiple VLANs to work

To: Sébastien CRAMATTE <s.cramatte@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] can't get multiple VLANs to work
From: Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 09:33:06 +0200
Cc: "Angel L. Mateo" <amateo@xxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 00:33:54 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sébastien CRAMATTE wrote:
Angel L. Mateo a écrit :
Hello,

    I have Xen running with domUs in different VLAN's. I have xen on a
debian sarge server. My configuration is:

* In dom0, I have a bridge for each vlan (different than the native vlan
of interface eth0, that I don't need to tag). For each vlan the
configuration is (for vlan 302):

vconfig add eth0 302
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start netdev=eth0.302 bridge=xen-br302
antispoof=no
/sbin/ifconfig eth0.302 up

* In the domU the configuration I have is:

vif = [ 'bridge=xen-br302' ]

* The only problem is that un domU I have to run "/usr/sbin/ethtool -K
eth0 tx off" after bring it up.
You don't have problem with UDP ?
Have you DNS or DHCP services running in your  VMs ?

Maybe I have a problem with UDP, but even bigger problem with TCP, as pings are not working (with IP address); not even arpings are working, even with very small packet sizes.

For my own I loose UDP traffic If I try to setup one vlan per bridge in the DOM0
To resolve this I must setup VLAN in each  VM

Have you test bonding + vlans ?

No, I didn't try bonding with Xen yet.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski