[Xen-users] Can't Create Guest on FC5 System

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Can't Create Guest on FC5 System
From: Huntress Gary B NPRI <HuntressGB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:12:40 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 05:13:21 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is my first attempt with xen and I'm following along with the quickstart
guide from http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC5.

I have a fresh FC5 install that is fully updated.  The box is a generic dell
with 512MB and plenty of disk space. xend is running ok and xm list reports

Name                              ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State  Time(s)
Domain-0                           0      256     2 r-----  1393.4

When I issue

xenguest-install.py -n xentest -f /tmp/xentest -s 8 -r 256  -l
http://localhost/fc5tree

it fails with the following in /var/log/xend.log

VmError: I need 257 MiB, but dom0_min_mem is 256 and shrinking to 256 MiB would
leave only 236 MiB free.

Did I miss a step in the install process?  Is /tmp/xentest supposed to already
exist?   Or do I need more physical RAM?

Regards,

Gary Huntress
Code 4113
Naval Undersea Warfare Center