[Xen-users] /lib/tls.disabled or xen-friendly glibc?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] /lib/tls.disabled or xen-friendly glibc?
From: Angel de Vicente <angelv@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:20:14 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:21:14 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

until now I have run Xen with /lib/tls out of the way for both dom0 and domU's,
but now I'm trying to install OpenLDAP in a domU, which requires TLS as
default. So now I have at least three options ahead of me:

1. mv /lib/tls.disabled back to /lib/tls and accept the performance penalty (is
   there any documentation on how heavy this penalty is?)

2. Compile OpenLDAP without TLS support.

3. Compile a xen-friendly glibc.

Any guidelines on what would make more sense? Xen performance would be better
with /lib/tls disabled or with a xen-friendly glibc? Would it make any sense to
have TLS disabled (un-friendly glibc) in dom0, while TSL enabled (friendly
glibc) in a domU?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Angel de Vicente