[Xen-users] Networking issues

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Networking issues
From: Katriel Traum <katriel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:00:29 +0300
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 02:04:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello.
I've been trying to setup a "One public IP, many private VM's" setup.
I initially tried a xenbr0 with domU's vif's and giving xenbr0 an IP and
running dhcp/nat on it. I ran into the TCP/UDP checksum errors some in
this list have experienced.

I found a post in the list suggesting that adding vif0.0 to the bridge,
and giving veth0 an IP should solve that, but am still running into
checksum problems, and NAT isn't working either.
so my current setup is:
xenbr0 enslaves vif0.0, vif1.0 (a domU) and veth0 has an IP and running
DHCPD on it.

My main problem is not being able to reach the internet (even though I
do get an IP) from a VM, the other is that I cannot run "ethtool -K eth0
tx off" on an RH installation initrd, and as a result can't install.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
- --
Katriel Traum, PenguinIT