Re: [Xen-users] fglrx Livna Drivers and Xen Kernel

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] fglrx Livna Drivers and Xen Kernel
From: Roger Pedrol <llistes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 11:14:41 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 02:32:31 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Brian Domenick escribió:
Hi,
    I have an IBM T60P. I am running Xen 3. I had previously ran the smp
kernel. I now run the Xen kernel. I was using the Livna fglrx rpm kernel
modules. They don't have one that matches the Xen kernel. I have scoured
the Internet for some time. Is there anyone who knows of the procedure
to deal  with this so I can once again  have hardware accelerated X
support. Basically when the X starts now, I am told to get a new version
of the driver from Livna. Livna has no drivers that match the Xen
kernels.  The  error message indicates DRI is disabled until I get a new
fglrx driver.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

If no ati-fglrx kernel modules match your current kernel you're forced to recompile the kernel module. livna offers SRPMS for Fedora Core 3, 4 and 5.

simple instructions can be found here: http://rpm.livna.org/kernel-modules.html

regards,

roger