[Xen-users] Is the VNC setting available for non-hvm DomU's?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Is the VNC setting available for non-hvm DomU's?
From: List Subscriber <list-subscriber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 21:23:10 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 21:24:10 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have been scouring this list's archives and have consumed any and all how-to guides I could find but am still unsure. All discussion in this list on this issue is around hvm/vti DomU's. Has anyone been able to attach a vnc client to a vanilla (non-hvm) DomU using the VNC console setting?

On an FC5 (2.6.16-1.2080_FC5xen0) kernel deployed on vanilla (non-hvm) hardware, setting VNC=1 for a DomU doesn't appear to work. 'Connection Refused(111)'. I am using 'vncviewer <dom0_ip>:<domU_id>' to connect. Any thoughts?

Also, if there is a definitive howto/guide/man-page/doc/wiki on the frambuffer related config parameters (vnc, vncviewer, vnc, stdvga, etc) and their usage semantics, I'd greatly appreciate a pointer.

Thanks in advance.