Re: [Xen-users] Re: trouble with xen and ipv6

Hello Andrew

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 12:16:57PM -0400, Andrew Yates wrote:
> Removing the ipv6 routes from peth0 and xenbr0 seem to fix the problem.
> I used the following commands:
> ip -6 route del 2001:5c0:911e::/64 dev xenbr0
> ip -6 route del 2001:5c0:911e::/64 dev peth0
> I'm not sure why they are given routes in the first place. I'll
> disable autoconfiguration on those devices to see if that fixes it. If
> anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

I also had problems using IPv6. After a domU bootup it took some random
time (up to 2 hours) to start the configured addresses to work.

If I configured the ips after bootup by hand (ifconfig) they worked
fine.

After some tcpdumping I noticed that the incoming packets went to a
different MAC address than the outgoing came from.

I then gave the virtual machine a static MAC address, and from then on
it started working without any manual configuration.

Maybe this helps you and kind regards

Flavio Curti

--
http://no-way.org/~fcu/