Re: [Xen-users] Xen boot failed while mount root FS.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen boot failed while mount root FS.
From: David Laban <alsuren@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 11:51:41 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 03:58:04 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Just run the mkinitrd to create a new initrd. I compiled my sata
> > drivers statically in the kernel and then used --built-in=ata_piix
> > with mkinitrd to specify that its already built in the kernel.

I am having the same problem as Adam, but using nForce sata (sata_nv) (running
Gentoo: I just went through the SATA section of menuconfig and changed all
options to exactly the same as they are for my working install, but it's not
working.)

OOOOOH! I just went back and checked all of "SCSI device support" recursively,
and found:
gentoo: <*>   SCSI disk support
xen: <M>   SCSI disk support
If this works, I will laugh heartily: If sata is compiled in, and it relies on
the SCSI module, it might as well be a module itself :P I wonder if there's
supposed to be dependency checking for that sort of thing.

##other notes##
the xen menuconfig has      PCMCIA SCSI adapter support  ---> as a separate
menu. Wonder why that is.

For some reason, make (and modules_install) gives some errors about
uart_get_baud_rate and other uart_ related errors for 8250.ko but I don't
think that would affect sata.

Also:
# mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.6.16.26-xen0.img 2.6.16.26-xen
All of your loopback devices are in use.

I will take a look at my current config. I have a habit of forgetting to
include the loopback driver in my configs. If anyone solves this problem
without the use of an initrd, please email back to the list with the
solution. Thanks. I will email back if this actually works.

/me goes off to reboot.