RE: [Xen-users] Quick xen question

To: "Jerry Amundson" <jerry@xxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Quick xen question
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:47:08 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 04:48:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To clarify: Xen "lives" underneath the OS, but since Xen itself knows
nothing about the hardware (it contains THREE device drivers: Keyboard,
Console and Serial port - everything else is handled by Dom0), you have
to install another OS first, then insert Xen into the OS.

As Wayne answered earlier, it's perfectly possible to install both Xen
and Linux at the same time from distro's that come with Xen support.

--
Mats