[Xen-users] xen-3.0: kernel panic unable to mount VFS at root=/dev/hdb6

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xen-3.0: kernel panic unable to mount VFS at root=/dev/hdb6
From: michael.kuenkel@xxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:39:47 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 04:40:22 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am a xen-newbee and want to get it runnig with an SUSE-9.3-Linux, where  / is
on /dev/hdb6.
In GRUB-menulist, I added the root=/dev/hdb6 Option, but the Xen-Kernl prompts
that a correct "Root="-option has to be set an shuts down immediately.

Has anybody an idea what is wrong?

Kind regards,

Michael.

(At the moment i'm downloading the Demo-CD-iso to get familiar with Xen, but i
would prefer a proper installation)