Re: Fw: [Xen-users] using Tape Drive

From: "Mark Williamson" <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Daniel Bauer" <mlist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> is it possible to use a tape drive in a domU?
>
> I could access it als /dev/sg0 and /dev/st1 in dom0.

does really nobody have a clue?

You can't pass through a tape drive straightforwardly. You could assigned the SCSI controller PCI device to the domU and have it control all the SCSI
devices attached to it...

Best solution is probably to use a network tape backup solution of your choice and use that - just pretend the dom0 is the tape backup server and domU is a
client.

From: "Marcos Paulo Serafim" <mpserafim@xxxxxxxxx>
Old messages but I think nothing has changed:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-01/msg01144.html
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-02/msg00502.html

ok, that's bad, thanks a lot for this hint. I asked this because of the medium changer control. The mtx is not in SuSE 10.1 anymore, in SuSE 9.3 everythin was fine ;)

Greetings
Daniel