[Xen-users] 4 questions about Xen (under qemu)

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] 4 questions about Xen (under qemu)
From: octane indice <octane@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:23:52 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 07:24:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello

I'm trying Xen under qemu. It works good.

I have question:

1. I always need to start domU twice:
root@darkstar:~# xm create zipslack
Using config file "/etc/xen/zipslack".
Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working
root@darkstar:~# xm create zipslack
Using config file "/etc/xen/zipslack".
Started domain zipslack
root@darkstar:~#

Why it doesn't work the first time?

2. network reliability. With qemu, I use a -redir tcp:2222::22 in order to use
ssh.
With dom0 it's OK. As soon as I start domU it's not working anymore. Can I
avoid that?

3. precompiled kernel
Kernels given in the website don't seems to have modules. I would need some
to do nfs, reading iso9660 files and so on.
Are another kernels given (with all modules) or have I to recompile one?
the doc isn't quite clear with that
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/readmes/user/user.html#S
ECTION02140000000000000000 says that after compilation you have 2
kernels. (what about modules?)

4. cdrom: is it possible to use the cdrom from domU? I can't manage to make it
run? I could share it by domO and nfs, and mount it under domU, but nfs
doesn't work (see 3.)

thanks

Lire vos emails en vacances ? C'est gratuit sur :
http://www.monemailausoleil.com