[Xen-users] Running XEN w/ native guest OS on HP Prolian DLxx servers

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Running XEN w/ native guest OS on HP Prolian DLxx servers
From: Skull <skull@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 16:13:48 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:14:19 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,
I'm searching for HP DLxx servers which may be capable of running XEN
with full VT support.

Looking at the HW compatibility list for both CPUs and chipsets, I found
that the smallest machine (aka: a good platform to do the initial tests)
may be the  DL320G4 with model number 410786-421, since as reported by...

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/it/it/sm/WF06b/1431-1433-376167-376167-12083285-12328434-72624393.html
(sorry as it point up to the italian pages)

...it uses Intel Pentium D 930 CPU and Intel E7230 chipset.

Just to know: is there anybody here who tried to run XEN upon this
machines (or any other HP DLxx series) who can confirm it uses VT as
expected?

Thank you!