Re: [Xen-users] AoE does not discover

On Thursday 13 July 2006 7:09 pm, Tracy R Reed wrote:
> > in short, the AoE initiator should be in Dom0
>
> It definitely is.

good. nice setup, btw, i too like diskless boxes.  hopefully it won't be long
until it's practical to have some more advanced networks for this kind of
things (Infiniband, or at least RDMA over 10GE)

> > Again, since AoE isn't IP, you should look for ethernet frames type
> > 0x88A2
>
> Hmm...I thought ethereal would show us everything by default, even
> non-ip packets.

maybe, but if you filter by src IP number, you only get IP packets.  better
filter by type 88A2 or by src MAC address

> I am compiling a non-xen kernel now just as a test to see if AoE works
> any better without xen.

somebody did get Xen running over AoE, so it shouldn't be a kernel patch
incompatibility.

maybe the ethx you're using for AoE gets in the xen bridge?  do you do your
aoe-discover before or after setting up the Xen network?

--
Javier