[Xen-users] can't boot domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] can't boot domU
From: <d@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 3:02:32 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:41:41 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

i've been having some problems getting xen 3.0.2 to boot a child domain.
i installed xen using the sid packages for debian, and everything seems
fine. when i boot up xend is running and i can do a xm list and it
show's dom0 running.

i have 3 scsi drives in this machine, the / for dom0 is /dev/sdb1 and
it's using all 36 gigs of that drive. i wanted to use all of /dev/sda
for my first domU. i have made a primary partition on /dev/sda (/dev/sda1)
that uses all of this drive. i then formated it with ext3. i'm using
the jailtime debian img, for my domU. i copied the contents of the .img
to the partition (/dev/sda1) and then tried to boot that domU.

here's the xm create script i'm using
-----------------------------
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.16-2-xen-686"
memory = 256
name = "vm1"
disk = ['phy:/dev/sda1,sda1,w', 'file:/xen/vm1.swap,sda2,w']
root = "/dev/sda1 ro"

when i try to boot it up i get this error.
"Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(8,1)"

i saw the other post on this, but the user didn't post what had fixed it.
any help would be appreciated, please ask me any questions, i may have forgotten
some info.