[Xen-users] xm save/restore on a vt enabled machine.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xm save/restore on a vt enabled machine.
From: John McCullough <jmccullo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 17:03:12 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 17:03:53 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I am working with WinXP on xen-unstable and LVM.  I am interested in the
current status of the xm save/restore functionality.  Currently, using
xm save results in a failure.

Using:
# xm save winxp-snap0 winxp-snap0.save

I receive on the console:
Error: /usr/lib/xen/bin/xc_save 10 19 3 0 0 0 failed

Within xend.log the most relevant portion is:
DEBUG (XendCheckpoint:83) [xc_save]: /usr/lib/xen/bin/xc_save 10 19 2 0 0 0
ERROR (XendCheckpoint:234) Couldn't map p2m_frame_list_list (errno 14): 14
ERROR (XendCheckpoint:234) Save exit rc=1
ERROR (XendCheckpoint:106) Save failed on domain winxp-snap1 (2).

errno 14 is Bad Address.

I have heard that save is broken on VT, and I was wondering whether
there is any rough timeline and what needs to be fixed.  I also heard
that the problem may be in Qemu.  Could someone verify whether this is
the case?

Regards,
John

p.s. should this have gone to xen-devel?