[Xen-users] Fedora Core 6 - Install Windows XP as VT Guest Loops

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Fedora Core 6 - Install Windows XP as VT Guest Loops
From: "Algie Seat" <alseat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 08:51:11 -0500
Delivery-date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 06:51:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a Dell 830 which is VT enabled.  I’m running FC6 and trying to install

Windows XP as a VT guest.  I have already installed FC6 as a VT guest under FC6

and that works fine.

The Windows install starts out fine. It loads a bunch of drivers as usual and then

I see the message “Setup is Starting Windows”    This is the point where I don’t

see anything else on the VNC screen.  If I do a “xm list” command in dom0,

I see that the Windows guest is gaining time very rapidly.  That is why I believe

It is looping rather than dead.

My xen package is xen-3.0.2-10 and my xen kernel is kernel-xen-2.6.16-1.2289_FC6

The last thing in the qem log is:

Unsupported PCI BIOS function 0x0E

Int13_harddisk: function 15, unmapped device for ELDL=81

KDB: int09h_handler(): unknown scancode read

As I mentioned, I have installed FC6 as a VT guest under FC6 and this works fine

Any help would be appreciated.