Re: [Xen-users] growing file systems

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] growing file systems
From: Jan Philipp Giel <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:01:20 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:02:20 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Am Donnerstag 29 Juni 2006 16:34 schrieb Brock Palen:
> Has anyone seen a problem with growing file systems in domU's with
> xfs?  I use LVM for my volumes.  i grew the volume in dom0 with
> 'lvextend -L +10G /dev/noraid/bacdumps'
>
> in the domU i run  'xfs_growfs /path/to/mounted/fs'
>
> lvs in dom0 says the volume is larger.
> bacdumps    noraid -wi-ao  25.00G
>
> but xfs_growfs prints out info of the old size (15 GB)
>
> bsize=4096   blocks=3932160
>
> and 'df' in the domU shows the same results only 15GB,   i dont have
> this problem on non xen machines.  Any thoughts ?

Could it be that your domU kernel has to re-read the partition table? Maybe
the domU kernel does not know that you have resized the "partition" but the
dom0 kernel does (because you used lvextend in there).

sfdisk --re-read

should make your kernel reread the partition table (if you have sfdisk...).

Regards
Philipp