[Xen-users] Same disk image to boot inside QEMU and Xen?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Same disk image to boot inside QEMU and Xen?
From: Angel de Vicente <angelv@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 09:49:05 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 01:49:57 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

during the last months I've been using Xen quite regularly, but always using an
image from jailtime.org and then modifying it myself. At this point I need to
create my own image, and actually I would need to create an image that is
bootable both with QEMU and with Xen, but I'm not getting very far yet. Has
anyone succeeded doing this?

I want to do this because I would like to run SystemImager in my virtual
machines, but this is not possible with Xen. So, for normal operation I would
like to run Xen, and when I wan to run SystemImager for replication then I would
start the domains with QEMU. (I want to run SystemImager for demonstration
purposes, so replicating my domain images in Domain0 is not a valid option, I
need to be able to go through the normal SystemImager operation).

Any help, hints?

Thanks a lot,
Angel de Vicente