[Xen-users] Debian guest on FC5 host (nubie alert)

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Debian guest on FC5 host (nubie alert)
From: Bad Dog <baddog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 08:45:36 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 08:48:09 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In general, does one need to build the guest images using the same OS as
the host?  All the tutorials I have seen show building fc5 guests on
fc5, debian guests on debian, etc.  I want to build a debian guest from
an fc5 host.  While facile with fc5, I don't know that much about
debian, but it seems like debconf is unlikely to run on fc5.

Can anyone point me to a good tutorial or howto on these kinds of
issues?  (The most promising tutorial hosted at
http://xen.cosi.clarkson.edu/documentation/xen-tutorial.html seems
dead...)

-bd