Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Re: switchroot mount failed

On 14 Jun 2006, at 21:28, vineet chadha wrote:

Normal kernel is booting and detecting SCSI disk fine. When i boot in Xen mode, it gives this problem. If you put search "switchroot mount failed" in Xen user/dev list, u will see this has been a common issuse with no solution posted.

I don't see any duplicates from anyone else if I use those search terms. Perhaps you can provide links to some threads with people having the same issue as you?

Yes, I also believe it is problem with xen kernel not detecting the SCSI drivers or something.
which log file u want me to check.

When the boot fails, do you see any lines of output from the kernel stating that it has found a block device 'sda'? If the machine reboots too quickly for you to read then try adding 'noreboot' to Xen's command line.

 -- Keir