Re: [Xen-users] Best way to install a guest OS

To: Fran?ois Levasseur <francois.levasseur@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Best way to install a guest OS
From: Steve Kemp <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 19:44:00 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:44:22 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 09:42:34AM -0400, Fran?ois Levasseur wrote:

> I have a Xen installation on Debian Sarge for amd64 with few Debian domU
> that I created on a LVM with debootstrap.
>
> My question is: What is the best method to install another guest os, like
> Fedora?

  If you want to install more Debian distributions then xen-tools
 will do the job.

  xen-tools can also install CentOS 4 nowadays with the RPMStrap
 package - fedora support is planned but not yet available.

  If you want to do a new install your best options are probably
 hacking around rpmstrap, or using Qemu to install.  (Possibly
 just a tar of a pre-installed machine too.)

Steve