Re: [Xen-users] EVMS or GFS

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] EVMS or GFS
From: "Angel L. Mateo" <amateo@xxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 08:23:10 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 May 2006 23:23:51 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
El jue, 25-05-2006 a las 18:40 +0200, Karsten Nielsen escribió:
> Javier Guerra wrote:
> > On Thursday 25 May 2006 10:55 am, Karsten Nielsen wrote:
> >> I have a lot of troble to get the GFS to work on xenified kernel 2.6.16.
> >> Whereas I have no problem patching the xenified kernel with the evms
> >> patches. I haven't tryed booting the kernel yet but it compiled fine.
> >
> > the choice isn't between GFS and EVMS, because they are at different levels
> > of
> > any solution. EVMS is a volume manager, like LVM; while GFS is a filesystem
> > (like ext3 or reiser, but cluster-aware)
>
> Is it important to use a cluster-aware filesystem in my case. I can

        I think not. You need a cluster system, but no a cluster filesystem. At
one time, the filesystem will be used just from app server. If this
server dies, heartbeat will have to mount the filesystem in the other
system an migrate the domU.

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática