Re: [Xen-users] LVM2 snapshots and XEN = problem :(

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] LVM2 snapshots and XEN = problem :(
From: Anton Khalikov <anton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 09:58:18 +0600
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 May 2006 20:58:28 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Jeff

Jeff Utter wrote:
I ran into this same problem. So... this is confirmed with the 3.0.2 distribution off xensource.com? If i use the latest from the Mercurial repo, that'll fix it up?

Also, i had to power off my system to get it un-hung from this. Now it never picks up the lvm disk with vgscan.. it doesn't even show up in pvdisplay. The only way i can get it to work is to do pvs /dev/hdc; lvchange -a y. Did anyone else have this problem as a result of this bug and know how to fix it?

I am about to upgrade my xen and kernels so I will post the answer if it fix the problem here in about 20-30 minutes. Actually I think you don't need to power off your system except of domUs to run "lvchange -a n" to be able to remove backup snapshot

--
Best regards
Anton Khalikov