Re: [Xen-users] Problems starting HVM domain

On Sun, 21 May 2006, Nate Carlson wrote:
..so I'm assuming that VMX is working properly. However, when I start up a Xen domain with the following config file:

<..>

..things appear to be starting, but if I do a 'ps', I get:

root      5730  0.5  0.0      0     0 ?        Z    23:45   0:00 [qemu-dm]
<defunct>

..any ideas on how to debug this?

OK, if I use SDL, then I can do a Windows install until the reboot.. at the reboot point, I change boot="d" to boot="c", but never get anything but a black screen, although the CPU usage counters do continue to increment. I am doing a remote X display - could that be causing issues?

If I try to use vnc=1, I get the following in /var/log/qemu-dm.X.log:

xen:/etc/xen# cat /var/log/qemu-dm.8434.log
domid: 16
qemu: the number of cpus is 1
Connected to host network interface: tun0
shared page at pfn:18401, mfn: 10eeaa
Warning: could not read keymap - falling back native keycodes!
Could not initialize keyboard
xen:/etc/xen#

..this happens both when compiled with LibVNCserver 0.7 and 0.9-pre (CVS).

Any ideas?